Emergency Dentistry Services Elkhart
Dental emergencies can happen at any time and for any reason, which is why you need an emergency dentist you can rely on. Orange Door Dental Group provides emergency dentist services in Elkhart, IN, and nearby cities. We want your beautiful smile to stay healthy!
Dental Emergency? Don’t Hesitate to Call!
No matter what your dental emergency is, we can help. Call our Elkhart office at (574) 293-5216 right away. In the meantime, check out these tips that can help keep you comfortable and safe while you wait for an appointment.
Get in Touch With Me ASAP
What To Do in a Dental Emergency
If your tooth has been knocked out, do not touch the root. Only handle the tooth by the crown. You can store the tooth by putting it back in its socket or putting it in a glass of milk, saline solution, or your saliva. As long as you get to the emergency dentist within an hour, your chances of saving the tooth are good.
If your tooth is broken, rinse your mouth with warm water to reduce bacteria and the chance of infection. You may need a cold compress to reduce swelling.
If you have severe tooth pain, try to floss to remove anything that’s stuck and causing pain. If the pain persists or if flossing is too painful, schedule an appointment with us for emergency dentistry.
Do I Have a Dental Emergency?
Nobody has scheduled in time for a dental emergency. When you need to be seen right away, we’re here to help. Whether or not you know if your situation merits an emergency dental visit, call us and we can tell you how to proceed.
The following dental emergencies may need a same-day appointment:
- Broken Tooth: Broken teeth often result from biting down on something hard or from a sports injury. If you can preserve the tooth bits by keeping them in a glass of milk, there is a good chance we can save them.
- A Tooth Has Been Knocked Out: If an entire tooth has been knocked out, call us immediately. You can place the tooth back in the socket if it’s clean, or place it in a glass of milk until you get to our office.
- Severe Toothache: When a toothache interferes with your daily life, give us a call. In the meantime, try rinsing with saltwater or flossing around the tooth to ease the tension and swelling. You can also try a cold compress for the pain.
- Chipped tooth. Much like a broken tooth, place the piece of the tooth that has chipped off in a glass of milk until your appointment. Use an ice pack if you need to reduce swelling or pain.
- Object Stuck Between Teeth: When an object is lodged in between two teeth and does not come out easily, our dentist may need to remove the object. Call us to schedule an appointment and don’t attempt to pull out the object yourself.
- Mouth Injury That Won’t Stop Bleeding: Occasionally, a bite or other oral injury may need medical attention. Give our Elkhart office a call, and we’ll schedule an appointment as soon as possible.
Regardless of your emergency, we want you to feel better as soon as possible. We make every effort to schedule a same-day appointment for you so you don’t have to wait.
When You Need More Than a Dentist in an Emergency
If you have a broken jaw or another serious facial injury, go directly to the emergency room. You should also go to the emergency room if you have an abscess or other swelling that starts to affect your ability to breathe.
Why You Should Choose Orange Door Dental Group
Orange Door Dental Group has a staff of fully qualified doctors who continually pursue ongoing education. We do everything we can to stay aware of the latest developments in dental technology so we can pass those benefits on to our patients.
We work with most major dental insurance providers so that our patients can get the care they need without worrying about the cost. Everybody should see a dentist when they need one, and our goal is to ensure that happens.
We Love to See You Smile—Pain-free and Repaired
Smiling is an important part of communication in our society. We love to see your smile, and we can help you feel like smiling again after a dental emergency. We can restore your tooth and get rid of infection and pain so you’ll feel better sooner.
In and Out and on With Your Life
We all have busy schedules, which is why it’s important for you to be seen during a same-day appointment. The sooner we can treat your dental emergency, the sooner you can return to your normal daily activities.
Your Emergency Dentistry Appointment
When you come into our office for your emergency dental appointment, you can expect the following:
- Compassionate Staff: We will help you feel comfortable during your appointment. We know you or your child may already be feeling anxious, so our friendly dental team will work with you to understand your needs.
- Complete Patient Education: The exam by the dentist will focus on your immediate needs. Our dentists don’t mess around. Instead, we will tell you what needs to be done and show you your options.
- Reduced Pain and Discomfort: We will use any local anesthesia or sedation if necessary, or if you request it. What we do is repair and restore teeth to take the pain away, not give you more.
- Tools for Full Recovery: After we are finished, we’ll ensure you are ready to leave before you do leave. We will send you with any prescriptions and instructions that can help you fully recover from your dental emergency.
We’ll treat you as an individual person, not as a number just passing through our office. We care about our patients, and we want you to feel at home, even when you’re rushing in for an emergency visit.
Contact Us and Schedule Your Appointment Today!
When you need emergency dental services in the Elkhart, IN area, call Orange Door Dental Group as soon as possible. Don’t suffer through any unnecessary pain when you don’t have to suffer. We’re here to help!