Porcelain Veneers in Warsaw
Dental veneers, also called porcelain veneers or dental laminates, are used to change the look of your teeth and are one of the most common cosmetic dentistry procedures. A porcelain veneer is a thin shell of tooth-colored porcelain that attaches to the fronts of your existing teeth and covers:
- Other minor flaws.
Veneers are made to look like natural teeth and can protect your natural teeth by making them stronger and more durable. Creating a beautiful smile with porcelain veneers can also help restore self-confidence that may have been affected by discoloration and other imperfections.
Call our office to set up a consultation. We’d love to answer any questions you have!
Porcelain Veneers Correct More Than Cosmetic Issues
Generally considered cosmetic dentistry, veneers are used to cover flaws typically on the upper front teeth. Veneers are durable and glazed with the look, feel, and sheen of natural teeth. The protective glaze makes it unlikely for your porcelain veneers to stain. You may want to consider veneers to correct:
- Teeth chipped by oral trauma, grinding, or daily wear.
- Tooth discoloration from oral trauma or natural aging.
- Tooth discoloration due to dental decay or staining.
- Cracked teeth caused by oral trauma.
- Gaps between teeth.
Veneers can help restore your self-confidence and create a beautiful white smile. Whether you are looking to restore damaged teeth or hoping for a Hollywood smile. Orange Door Dental Group is ready to help you transform your smile with porcelain veneers. Call our office today to set up an appointment.
How Can Veneers Help?
- Chipped or Broken Teeth: A tooth that is chipped or broken is easily remedied with porcelain veneers! We will need to shape the tooth appropriately so that it will hold the veneer, but the veneer will cover up and fortify the damaged tooth.
- Discolored Teeth: While teeth whitening can be a great solution to stained teeth, it’s not a permanent one. Veneers are. Why do you think so many Hollywood stars have such perfect teeth? They use porcelain veneers!
- Cracked Teeth: Cracks in teeth can be painful. Once we place a veneer over the tooth, food, bacteria, and other substances causing sensitivity won’t be able to reach the crack and you won’t experience any more pain.
- Gaps Between Teeth: To place a veneer, we have to shave off a portion of the tooth. Sometimes this creates gaps that the veneers then fill. They can also fill naturally occurring gaps in the same way.
Porcelain Veneers Are a Great Choice for a Beautiful Smile
Dental veneers can make a huge difference to both your smile and your oral health. When you choose veneers, you can expect to see the following benefits:
- Teeth that are better protected against chips and cracks.
- Improved confidence in your smile.
- Teeth that won’t discolor over time.
- Teeth that look and feel natural.
- Low maintenance and upkeep.
- Improved oral and gum health.
If you are ready to learn more about how veneers can change your smile, call us! Our Orange Door Dental Group office in Warsaw, and our dedicated dentists and staff, are ready to help you get the smile you’ve always wanted.
Are Veneers the Right Choice for Me?
At Orange Door Dental Group, our team makes sure our patients understand that choosing veneers is a permanent decision. Our patients appreciate that we take the time to discuss both the advantages and disadvantages of porcelain veneers.
Our dentists will never rush you into deciding. We want you to feel well-informed and ready for any procedure you decide to undertake. We will answer any questions you have and make sure you are a good candidate for porcelain veneers.
During a discussion with one of our dentists, you’ll learn veneers will be custom-fitted and created specifically for your teeth. Our dentists have the right skills to shape your veneers to whatever your teeth need, including:
- Filling a gap.
- Reshaping a tooth.
- Covering discoloration.
- Repairing a chip or crack.
Our detail-oriented team will help you love your smile again.
How Are Veneers Placed?
At Orange Door Dental, we want you to feel comfortable with every procedure you undergo. Before you receive veneers you’ll speak with one of our dentists who will answer any questions or concerns you might have about the process.
Consultation and Treatment Planning | Typically, porcelain veneers will be completed in two separate appointments. The first appointment will be used to take impressions of your teeth that will be used to determine the shape and color of veneers you’ll need. This produces a seamless look between veneers and your natural teeth.
Tooth Preparation | At your next appointment, a thin layer of enamel will be removed to allow for the porcelain to adhere to your teeth and to reduce the overall thickness of your teeth after the veneers are placed. After the layer of enamel is removed, then we may adjust and trim the veneers several times to ensure the right fit.
Veneer Placement and Bonding | While we are fitting the veneers to your teeth, we have an opportunity to adjust the color more precisely by layering the bonding cement we use to place the veneer. We will etch the surface of your tooth for a stronger bond and then place the veneer permanently on your teeth.
Pain Control During Procedure | Typically, we anesthetize the area around the tooth or teeth receiving veneers. You should be comfortable and pain-free during your procedure. There is also no recovery time needed after receiving porcelain veneers so you will be able to enjoy your new smile immediately.
Aftercare and Maintenance | Regular exams and cleanings are recommended to maintain the health and appearance of your teeth and veneers. If you clench or grind your teeth, you may want to talk to our dentist about bite guards that could reduce grinding and give your veneers some extra protection.
After your procedure, you can begin to enjoy your new, dazzling smile immediately!
Choose Orange Door Dental Group for Your Veneers
The dentists at Orange Door Dental Group are ready to help you transform your smile! With two convenient locations in the Warsaw area, your beautiful new smile isn’t far off. We want you to feel comfortable and excited about your decision to use Orange Door Dental Group for your cosmetic dentistry needs. Call us today to find out if porcelain veneers are a good option for you!
Benefits of Porcelain Dental Veneers
Porcelain veneers can transform your smile and your self-confidence in just a couple of visits. Thin and durable, veneers act as both smile beautifiers and problem fixers. A well-placed veneer can hide imperfections.
After the placement of your porcelain veneers, you’ll experience the following benefits.
- Natural Looking Teeth: Sometimes veneers can look even more like teeth than our natural ones do! Porcelain veneers are semi-translucent, meaning that light partially passes through them just like your natural teeth. This gives veneers a very natural look that seamlessly blends with the natural teeth surrounding the veneers.
- Stain Resistant: Unlike natural teeth, a veneer finish is stain-resistant. The protective glaze used on porcelain veneers is non-porous and unlikely to stain or discolor. With proper care, your new smile will stay beautifully white for many years. You just need to keep up good brushing and flossing habits as well as frequent dentist visits!
- Non-Irritating to Gums: Gums tolerate porcelain well. The high-quality porcelain used in veneers partnered with the proper fit will prevent gum discoloration around the veneer. Some patients may experience limited discomfort left over from the veneer procedure but should recover quickly.
- Less Intrusive Cosmetic Dentistry: Porcelain veneers require significantly less tooth shaping than crowns. If you’re concerned about keeping your original tooth structure, this might appeal to you. Placing veneers also doesn’t require any recovery time allowing you to enjoy your new smile right away!
- Whiter Teeth: Veneers are a great option to conceal discolored teeth. The artistic skills of our dentists integrate the veneers seamlessly into your smile. The whiteness of veneers lasts longer than other forms of teeth whitening. Veneers are the way to get a perfected smile.
Porcelain Veneer Frequently Asked Questions
The dentists at Orange Door Dental Group want you to feel comfortable with every step of your procedure. At your consultation, we will take time to address any questions or concerns you have. Below is a list of frequently asked questions that may give you some answers before your appointment.
Who Is an Ideal Candidate for Veneers?
Patient success is our top priority at Orange Door Dental Group. For best results, the ideal patient will need to be in adequate oral and physical health before the veneers are placed. Our dentist will give you a full examination and can help you determine if veneers are right for you.
Who Is Not a Good Candidate for Veneers?
If a patient has extensive tooth decay, it would not be wise to cover the decay with a porcelain veneer. Our dentists may be able to remove the decay before placing the veneers or may discuss alternatives to veneers.
One of our dentists will give you a full examination and will determine if veneers are right for you or if another procedure could be a better fit. We have many options to choose from, and all of them are wonderful and effective.
Are There Any Disadvantages to Porcelain Veneers?
- Porcelain veneers are not reversible.
- Any teeth whitening should be done before getting veneers.
- The color of veneers can not be changed once they are placed.
- Some of each tooth must be removed to accommodate a veneer.
- Veneers are susceptible to grinding and clenching your teeth (Bruxism).
How Long Do Porcelain Veneers Last?
Porcelain veneers are very durable. However, many factors contribute to how long-lasting veneers can be. Practicing good oral hygiene and protecting your veneers from grinding will give the longest duration. Veneers may last 7–15 years before needing to be replaced.
Can a Veneer Come Off and What Happens if It Does?
Although very rare, a veneer may disconnect from your natural tooth. Try to save the veneer and call our office right away to get an appointment to repair the veneer. Your tooth may be sensitive to cold foods and liquids while the veneer is off.
Do not try to affix the veneer on your own with any kind of glue. Call our office and we will make an appointment for you as quickly as possible.
Do Dental Veneers Require Special Care?
Dental veneers do not require any special products or care. Practicing good oral hygiene will keep your veneers clean. Unlike natural teeth, veneers are non-porous and unlikely to develop stains.
Here are a few other tips to help you get the most out of your veneers:
- Never use your veneers to cut, break, or open anything.
- If you clench or grind your teeth, wear a bite guard to protect your veneers.
- Continue with regular dental visits every six months to keep all your teeth healthy.
How Much Will Veneers Cost?
The pricing of dental veneers varies depending on the extent of the treatment. Our dentist will take the time to discuss your custom treatment plan and the cost before the procedure. Orange Door Dental Group offers both financing and payment plans. Contact our Warsaw office for information on payment options or check out our financing page.
Orange Door Dental Wants To Be Your Choice for Veneers!
At Orange Door Dental, we want to be the team you trust to help you create the beautiful smile you’ve been hoping for. Our talented dentists are ready to give you a smile makeover. We have two convenient locations near Warsaw with friendly teams ready to serve you and your family!
If you are ready to improve your smile, take the first step and schedule an appointment with one of our offices to discuss if you’d be a good candidate for veneers. Give our Warsaw office a call to schedule your appointment today!