General & Family Dentistry
With over 60 years of combined dentistry experience, Orange Door Dental Group can provide you with the dental care that you expect and deserve. We want to improve your quality of life by helping you to keep your teeth and gums healthy. If you are in the Elkhart IN, area, come experience the excellent care and service of our dental team!
What Is General Dentistry and What Can It Do for Me?
When we refer to general dentistry or family dentistry, we are usually talking about general care of your teeth and mouth. General upkeep on your teeth includes routine cleanings, exams, and x-rays. We may also recommend treatments like brush-on fluoride and sealants to help preserve the health of your teeth.
We provide scheduled routine cleanings to remove plaque and tartar deposits that build up over time and cannot be removed by regular brushing and flossing. Dental cleanings are a frontline defense against tooth decay and gum disease.
When necessary, we also provide gum therapy (also called periodontal treatment) to help combat minor cases of gum disease, called gingivitis, or for more advanced cases of gum disease, called periodontitis. Whatever your case may be, our goal in deep cleaning is to restore your gums to a healthier condition.
The Advantage of Routine Dental Cleaning
Avoiding gum disease is a top priority for Orange Door Dental Group. Our reasoning is simple. We don’t want our patients to lose their adult teeth unless absolutely necessary.
To prevent gum disease and other oral health issues, during a professional cleaning, we may utilize the following:
- Plaque-Removing Tools: Our hygienists use quality dental tools to scrape away plaque and tartar. Bacteria can build up on your teeth and cause decay and infection.
- Gritty Toothpaste: A gritty toothpaste scrub gives your teeth a continued deep clean and also helps polish your teeth.
- Floss: Our hygienists are experienced flossers who can see inside your mouth for an extra-good clean.
- Rinsing and Drying: We use water and air to help clean out your mouth and keep you from swallowing the debris.
After an excellent cleaning, you can leave our office feeling like you have ultra-clean, beautiful teeth. We love to see your smile, and we’ll help you share it with confidence!
Physical Oral Exam in Elkhart
Our hygienist and dentist also take a look at the physical health of your mouth. We check for signs of other issues, including oral cancers. We check all of the following areas:
We’ll also check your bite to ensure your teeth are functioning the way they should. If we find any sores, red or white patches, or other causes for concern, we can show you the next steps to take to ensure you stay as healthy as possible.
Another important preventative care service that we provide is dental X-rays, which are taken to see how your teeth are doing beneath the gums. X-rays will also help us check on the health of the jaw. The use of X-rays helps detect cavities and allows us to catch them in the early stages. This means keeping cavity treatment to a minimum.
Looking for Impacted Teeth
With the use of X-rays, we are also able to see if you have any impacted teeth beneath the gums. The dentist can assess the teeth to determine if anything needs to be done with the impacted teeth.
Impacted teeth can be the cause of some headache symptoms, so removing them could relieve headache pains. Some procedures also allow the impacted teeth to naturally grow from beneath the gums.
Preventative Dentistry for Optimal Oral Health
In addition to looking for impacted teeth, our dental x-rays and equipment can also help us detect areas where sealants can improve your oral health. Sealants can prevent tooth decay and are often applied to the back teeth and teeth with deep fissures.
Brush-on fluoride treatment can also add strength to your teeth. Fluoride is brushed onto your teeth and left on for the rest of the day. The dentist will give you a recommended time for the fluoride gel to stay on your teeth.
Family Dentistry at Orange Door Dental Group
When you think about dentistry, you are probably not just thinking about yourself. Your family also needs to see the dentist for routine care. When you call to schedule your appointment, we can also schedule appointments for your kids or parents so you can all come in together.
Benefits of Family Dentistry at Orange Door Dental Group
When you’re looking for a family dentist, consider our excellent professional team. We strive to have our patients experience:
- Individualized Treatment: Some dentists try to push unnecessary treatments on their patients. Other dentists might overschedule and make you feel rushed. Our goal is to provide customized treatment that gives you exactly what you need.
- Excellent Basic Dental Needs: We believe in providing the basic dental needs first. If you don’t need orthodontics, we won’t tell you that you do need them. We can show you all of your options before you decide on any dental treatment.
- Friendly, Pleasant Environment: Our goal is to provide a pleasant atmosphere for our patients and their families. Going to the dentist shouldn’t be a bad experience. Our friendly team can get you the care you need while making you feel at home.
Dental Education in Our Office
After each of your visits to our office, we will provide you with the necessary information and knowledge to help you to maintain healthy teeth and gums until your next regularly scheduled visit. If there is something that you want to know about your dental care that is not mentioned by our staff, then please feel free to ask questions.
Call Us Today to Schedule Your Appointment
Are you ready for excellent oral health in a friendly, pleasant environment? Come visit Orange Door Dental Group in Elkhart, and let us be your partner in long-term dental health. We’re excited to meet you and your family and help you achieve beautiful, healthy smiles!