What Are Invisalign Clear Aligners?
We know that traditional orthodontics (brackets and wires) is not for everyone, so we offer Invisalign as an alternative. With our Invisalign services, you can have the benefits of orthodontic procedures without the hardware that is used in bracket orthodontic procedures.
Invisalign clear aligners are a newer treatment used to straighten teeth. While the treatment works similarly to traditional braces, the Invisalign system uses clear trays instead of wires, brackets, and bands. These clear aligners apply gentle, corrective pressure to gradually create a straight smile—all while being discreet and removable!
The size and shape of these invisible braces change over a period of time, making the process a gradual teeth-straightening treatment that is comfortable. You won’t have to get brackets cinched tighter every six weeks. Instead, you’ll just put in a new aligner that is slightly different from the last one. By the end, your last set of aligners will push your teeth into fully straightened positions.
As part of the Invisalign procedure, a 3D image of your teeth is taken. After the aligners are made, they are trimmed to be a custom fit for your mouth. The final step is a quality check to confirm good aligner construction, and to be sure they are comfortable when you are wearing them.
Conditions Treated Using Invisalign
The Invisalign procedure cannot treat all orthodontic conditions, but it can treat some of the most common:
- Crowded Teeth: When the teeth have gathered so tightly together that they become crooked. They also make flossing difficult, which can increase tooth decay. Invisalign is just as efficient as traditional orthodontic brackets and wires for treating crowded teeth.
- Overbite: This occurs when the upper front teeth overlap the bottom front teeth when biting. The overbite can increase the day to day wear on teeth, as well as cause pain in the jaw.
- Underbite: Opposite to the overbite, the underbite is when the lower front teeth overlap the upper front teeth when biting. The underbite can cause increased wear on the teeth, and it can also affect a person’s ability to speak clearly.
- Gap Teeth: This condition can cause gum disease when food gets trapped between the teeth. This is particularly true if flossing is not part of your daily dental care routine. The Invisalign procedure provides a more natural and permanent solution to gapped teeth. than veneers or bonding.
- Crossbite: This is when the top and bottom teeth do not align correctly. A crossbite condition can cause chipped teeth, and it can lead to bone loss in the jaw.
- Open Bite: When there is an opening between the upper and lower rows of teeth when biting, this is called an open bite. This condition can make it difficult to chew certain types of food.
Benefits of Invisalign Clear Braces
Invisalign clear aligners are a great alternative to traditional braces. Many of our patients enjoy these clear braces because they are less noticeable and don’t draw unwanted attention to your mouth.
Invisalign aligner trays also have several additional benefits, including:
Eat What You Love:
Clear braces are removed when you eat, so you can eat what you want. Unlike with regular metal braces, you can freely eat corn on the cob, whole apples, or the occasional caramel.
Metal braces often cause sores and discomfort because the wires and brackets rub against the inside of your mouth. Invisalign clear braces trays are made from a smooth material that fits right over your teeth.
Easy Dental Hygiene:
Because you can remove Invisalign trays, you don’t need to use special tools to floss or brush. Plus, you don’t need to worry about brackets popping off your teeth and needing repair.
Wouldn’t it be great if you could get a beautifully straight smile without the unattractive wires and brackets of braces? With Invisalign braces, you can continue to smile confidently during treatment.
Schedule Your Invisalign Consultation at Our Elkhart Office!
For more information about how Invisalign orthodontics can help you, give us a call today! We’ll schedule a consultation and get started on your treatment as soon as possible.