Porcelain Veneers in Elkhart
Dental veneers are one of the most common cosmetic dentistry treatments. Veneers are popular with celebrities and others in highly visible professions. Fortunately, veneers are available in our office and can help give you the beautiful, confident smile that you desire.
How Do Veneers Work?
Veneers are attached to the front of the teeth to cover discoloration, chips, or cracks. The porcelain veneers are made to look like your natural teeth and are very difficult to detect. When applied, veneers will also protect your natural teeth by making them stronger and more durable.
Do Dental Veneers Feel Bulky?
Some people might be concerned that adding bulk to your teeth can change the shape of your smile. Fortunately, dental veneers are made from an ultra-thin porcelain shell, so that isn’t a concern.
The dentist starts by removing a thin layer of your enamel as well, which makes room for the veneers and helps you achieve a naturally beautiful smile. Porcelain veneers provide instant cover for stains, chips, and misshapen teeth.
Why Should I Get Veneers?
There are many reasons why veneers might be recommended as a dental procedure:
- Tooth discoloration caused by mouth trauma or by natural aging.
- Tooth discoloration caused by tooth decay.
- Cracks caused by an injury to the mouth.
- Chipped teeth caused by trauma or regular wear and tear.
- Gaps between teeth.
Dental veneers are meant to give your smile a makeover. Our dental veneers are made from high-quality, ultra-thin porcelain that blends with the color of your natural teeth to give you a stunning new smile! Get the confidence boost you need with a beautiful smile makeover.
Porcelain Veneers for Tooth Discoloration
We understand that no matter the cause, tooth discoloration could make smiling somewhat intimidating. If you are anxious about the appearance of your teeth, then dental veneers might be a good option. The veneers will be applied to the front of your teeth to cover discoloration and restore your smile to a beautiful, bright white.
Sometimes teeth that have been treated for tooth decay remain discolored even after the decay is gone. Veneers are an excellent way to change teeth that are discolored from decay into healthy-looking teeth.
Dental Veneers for Chipped or Cracked Teeth
Because they can slip easily and securely over the surface of your tooth, porcelain veneers are used to fill in a chipped tooth when the chipped part of the tooth is missing. They are also used to cover and add strength to cracked teeth. Their ultra-thin but sturdy shell-like structure makes veneers ideal for smoothing out the tiniest chips and cracks in teeth.
Downsizing Gaps Between Teeth With Dental Veneers
Another cosmetic use of veneers is to conceal gaps in between teeth, but covering tooth gaps can also have added dental health benefits. For example, covering large gaps in the teeth can protect the gums and teeth roots from harmful bacteria that could cause tooth decay and gum disease.
How Long Do Dental Veneers Last?
With proper care, dental veneers can last for years to come. You can keep your beautiful new smile healthy with the following tips:
- Don’t bite the ice cubes | When your mom told you not to bite on ice cubes and other hard objects, she spoke words of wisdom. Biting on hard objects can damage not only your veneers but your natural teeth as well.
- Brush and floss regularly | If you’ve been keeping up on regular brushing and flossing, this one will come easy to you. Brush twice a day and floss at least once a day to keep your veneers looking gorgeous.
- Change your teeth-grinding habits | Grinding your teeth is another issue that can damage your teeth. Keep porcelain veneers looking sleek by kicking the habit. If you grind your teeth at night, consider wearing a dental appliance to protect your teeth.
- Wear a mouthguard | For patients who are active and play sports, we recommend a mouthguard to protect their teeth. This advice goes for all patients, regardless of whether or not you have dental veneers.
- Keep up routine dentist visits | Continuing to see your dentist twice a year keeps your mouth and teeth healthy. You’ll want to ensure your teeth are healthy so that your dental work lasts as long as possible.
We may also recommend a non-abrasive toothpaste and a soft-bristled toothbrush for your dental work. For questions about dental veneers in the Elkhart area, give us a call.
Because dental veneers are permanent, they are made from high-quality material designed to last for a long time. Veneers have been known to last longer than 20 years! Take good care of your new teeth and follow the tips above to ensure a beautiful smile for a lifetime.
Benefits of Dental Veneers
When considering porcelain veneers, consider not only the changes made to your smile but the benefits that come from porcelain veneers.
- Dental veneers look natural and feel natural.
- Veneers can add a layer of strength to your teeth.
- Porcelain veneers can cover tooth discoloration and prevent further discoloration.
- Taking care of veneers is easy.
Instant, Durable Coverage for Your Teeth
When we receive your dental veneers, we have you return to our office to try them out. Our dentists ensure that the porcelain veneers fit beautifully over your teeth before permanently bonding them into place.
Revitalize Your Smile With Porcelain Veneers and Give Us a Call Today!
Don’t let the small flaws in your smile keep you from sharing it. If you are interested in a gorgeous Hollywood smile, give us a call today to see if veneers are right for you. We look forward to meeting you and helping you attain a beautiful new smile!